Black Dal ( sabut urad)
Sabut Urad dal is Â very popular north Indian dish.
Â Â Â
- Whole black gram (urad daal) 1/4 kg
- Fresh cream 2 tbsp
- Onions 2
- Ginger 1/2 piece
- Cloves of garlic 2
- Green chillies 3
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ghee as required
- Cook lentils in a pressure cooker for ten minutes.
- Lower the pressure, put in the cream and let it cook on medium heat for 1 hour.
- Add enough water. When nicely cooked, heat 1-2 tbsp of ghee and fry the onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and cumin seeds to a golden brown.
- Put the lentils in this and serve hot with rice or Naan